Asperitas is looking for a SolidWorks design expert to help us in our mission to change the world. You will be the principle designer in our internal R&D team and responsible for all conceptual designs for product improvement and development, as well as the physical designs for immersion optimised server systems. You will be engaging with our server developers, manufacturers, partners and customers to come up with ground breaking and radical solutions to expand our portfolio for Immersed Computing®.
You will work together with a small team of highly motivated and tech savvy experts who have invented many platforms and achieved world record compute densities (GPU&CPU) in our Immersed Computing® systems. You will play a fundamental role in our development roadmap, server development and prototyping of unique systems which require the highest quality standards in the industry.
… clean-tech company focused on greening the global datacentre industry by introducing Immersed Computing®. We are a Hi-Speed Scale-up working on Hi-Tech server hardware platforms which are fully optimised for Immersed Computing®. With the Asperitas ‘plug-and-play’ system, datacentres, cloud providers and IT operators can achieve the highest possible energy savings and also reuse energy. Asperitas is driven by partnerships, customer satisfaction and collaboration. We go the extra mile.
Asperitas has completed the design and development phase and is now entering the industrialisation phase. This is where you can leave your signature mark.
Content of activities
- Maintain design files;
- Solving technical issues;
- Conceptual/mechanical design of new solutions;
- Mechanical design of server systems;
- Support in the production of the newly developed products;
- Structured testing and progressing on-going development of new products;
- Contact person and sparring partner for the development partners;
- Technical control of suppliers.
The job requirements
- You have completed Higher Technical Education. Preferably in the field of Mechatronics. Or Mechanical Engineering, Automotive or Industrial Design with strong mechanical skills. Or you are confident you match above requirements in a personal unique way;
- You have advanced SolidWorks skills;
- You have experience in the developments of products;
- You have feeling for, and are interested in, sustainable (energy) solutions;
- You are interested in datacentre technology, server technology or generic Hi-Tech systems;
- You have a practical attitude (experience with and fun in bringing technology to work);
- You have proficient communication skills in both the Dutch and English language (German and/or French are a bonus);
- You collaborate well in a self-managed team with high responsibilities;
- You have the following competencies: innovative and problem-solving ability, result-oriented, analytical and rich on initiatives.
Asperitas offers you
… the dynamics and challenges of a scale-up company with ground breaking new products. You will get the opportunity to shape your new role in a company where decisions are taken quickly and the exposure in the industry and market is high. If you do the job well, you will get this exposure as well and the results of your work will be highly visible. Your experience will grow with the company and your rewards will be tuned to your experience level. You will be working in our Haarlem office, just 15 minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station.
After proven value, this will likely be a permanent appointment.
Asperitas is a young company with a high potential for growth. With a good performance, it is very likely that your job role and related responsibilities will evolve and grow with the company.
Call Martin Bark at +31 88 96 000 00 or send an email with your CV accompanied by your motivational letter(!) to: Career@Asperitas.com