As a high-speed scale-up Asperitas is working on high-tech server hardware platforms which are fully optimised for Immersed Computing® and we are looking for an IT hardware expert to help us in our mission to change the world. You will be engaging with specialists from our customer base, system integrators and server manufacturers of all sizes to come up with ground-breaking and radical solutions to help prepare the industry for liquid technologies. You will work together with a small team of highly motivated and tech savvy experts who have invented many platforms and achieved world record compute densities (GPU&CPU) in our Immersed Computing® environments. You will play a fundamental role in dealing with Asperitas certification projects, electronics development and prototyping of unique systems with the latest technology which is often not available on the market yet.
…a clean-tech company focused on greening the global datacentre industry by introducing Immersed Computing®. Asperitas is actively engaged with the Open Compute foundation, several main brands of server hardware and major players within the datacentre market to assist them with preparing for liquid based datacentre platforms. Asperitas develops cutting edge technology which enables high density and high performance computing, while facilitating heat reuse, directly from our optimised server assemblies.
Content of activities
- Optimising IT hardware for Immersed Computing®;
- Design of IT layout and optimal assembly process;
- Basic electronics designs (Power distribution backplanes, PCI extending PCB’s);
- Creation, assembly, technical validation and maintenance of prototype immersed server systems;
- Troubleshooting IT hardware issues (immersed);
- Assistance with servicing immersed customer IT hardware.
The job requirements
- You have completed a Technical education, preferably electrical engineering;
- You have extensive experience with assembly/repair of PC and server equipment and other electrical appliances;
- You are skilful with the soldering iron, screwdriver and (strip-)pliers but also drill and saw if necessary;
- You have creativity and problem-solving ability and are an out-of-the-box thinker;
- You like to identify possibilities to continuously improve Asperitas products and services;
- You have excellent communication skills in the English language;
- You collaborate well in a self-managed team with high responsibilities and exposure;
- You have basic knowledge of using software for diagnostics and maintenance;
- You have knowledge of basic electrical engineering;
- You are eager to learn, and like to learn new things quickly;
- You have experience with network technology;
- It is beneficial if you have knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux.
Asperitas offers you
… the dynamics and challenges of a scale-up company with ground-breaking new products. You will get the opportunity to shape your new role in a company where decisions are taken quickly and the exposure in the industry and market is high. If you do the job well, you will get this exposure as well and the results of your work will be highly visible. Your experience will grow with the company and your rewards will be tuned to your experience level. You will be working in our Haarlem office, just 15 minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station.
After proven value, this will likely be a permanent appointment.
Asperitas is a young company with a high potential for growth. With a good performance, it is very likely that your job role and related responsibilities will evolve and grow with the company.
Call Martin Bark at +31 88 96 000 00 or send an email with your CV accompanied by your motivational letter to: Career@Asperitas.com